Ascon Tecnologic Din rail mounting controller with mini-programmer, wattmeter and independent
timer functions with optional analogue or servomotor output
The KRD3 is an advanced DIN railmount temperature controller that can also be configured as a
With a width on the DIN rail of 27.8mm the KRD3 temperature controller is ideal for high density multi loop systems.
The KRD3 offers an economical alternative to PLC based multi loop temperature control systems with
simple configuration, low cost and the ability to connect to HMIs.
With an optional analogue output the KRD3 can be used as an analogue controller or as a isolated transmitter.
Controller configuration can be stored conveniently on the A01 key. This combined with plug in terminal blocks
ensures rapid replacement in the field.
The KRD3 can be specified with an analogue output and also with servomotor output for modulating motors.
Two communications ports are provided on the KRD3, one TTL and one RS485. The TTL port can be connected
to the P30 or P32 user interfaces whilst the RS485 can be connected to SCADA systems, supervisory PLCs or
The KRD3 temperature controller also features user calibration allowing for sensor correction, a 5 function timer
and a working hours/days counter as well as a wattmeter for measuring instantaneous and integrated power
- Universal input for TC, RTD, PTC, NTC, mA or V
- 2 independent serial interfaces for simultaneous communications with a supervisor and a remote panel
- Up to 5 digital outputs : one SSR output (standard) and up to 4 relay or SSR outputs
- Analogue 0/4-20mA, 0/2-10V output available
- Open/close servomotor drive relay outputs for combustion mod motor control available
- User Calibration
- Heat/cool PID Control with overshoot control, self-tune and 3 Autotuning algorithms
- 8 segment programmer function with events recovery, 2 events and guaranteed soak
- Independent timer with 5 functioning modes
- Wattmeter for calculating the instantaneous power and energy used
- Counter for days and hours worked with programmable threshold for programmed maintenance
- Start up delay function
- Ramp to set point change
- Soft start